Before using collection materials in person, a reading room orientation is required. Complete information on
is available on the AAS website.
On your first visit to the library, you will be asked to confirm your registration information by providing two forms of ID. One must have your photograph (usually a drivers' license or passport) and the secondary form of ID is usually a university ID or library card.
Your picture will be taken and you will be issued an AAS library card. A staff member will then orient you to AAS's collections and policies. The orientation process usually takes about half an hour.
By clicking on the "First Time Users Click Here" button below, you agree to abide by the following reading room rules:
1. The Society reserves the right to examine all materials taken out of the reading room.
2. No food, drink, pens, or bags of any kind may be taken in to the reading room.
3. All non-staff members must stop at the reception desk to sign in and out of the building for security purposes.
4. Video cameras are in use in the reading room and surrounding areas.
5. You are welcome to take your own photographs of collection materials, provided you follow the Reading Room Photography policy
Thank you for following these security procedures, as they will allow us to continue to provide access to collection materials to future generations.